eBook HTML Beginners: Basics of Web Design
This book has been written from a series of college lectures on Web Design. It is has many exercises and examples which can be downloaded from the web site. It starts with an introduction to HTML and then takes the reader through the concepts of styles and how to apply them.
There are also chapters on Graphics, JQuery, setting up a web site and looks at HTML 5 and responsive web design concepts.
The book explains issues that you encounter in real world situations and provides the basic examples from which you can then use to further develop. Many of the tutorials consists of a series of examples and tasks which illustrate each point and concentrate on simplified code so that you can see how they are used.
- Introduction – An introduction to HTML.
- HTML Tags – A look at standard HTML Tags.
- Images and Tables – Using images and creating tables.
- Styles and Stylesheets – Different ways to use styles.
- Further Styles – Definitions and further examples.
- Site Examples – A site layout.
- Lists and Menus – Creating navigation.
- Graphics – Graphic concepts.
- Layouts – Some principles of design.
- Adding functionality – JQuery and other features.
- htaccess file – Examples of using an htaccess file.
- Site set up – Domain names and search optimisation.
- Forms – Formatting and layout of forms.
- HTML 5 Design – Features of HTML 5.
- Responsive Design – A responsive design example.
- Appendix on adding Google Maps to your web site
Click on this button will take you to the Amazon web site to purchase the Kindle version.
Click on this button will allow you to purchase the PDF of the book using PayPal or any credit card that PayPal will accept.
The HTML code for the latest version of the book can be obtained in one zip file from the link below:
The book references the code by chapter and name so you should be able to easily find any particular script that you are looking for.